December 26th we started Taylor's 1st Birthday by letting her open her Christmas presents followed by her birthday presents. Poor girl - it will be a hard birthday to have, but we will do what we can to make it special for her. Any ideas? I have heard of a few cute ideas such as: decorate a "birthday" tree for her, have a special half birthday gift or activity, or have an early December birthday party. Anyhow, we'll just have to get creative!
After gifts, we prepared to go to the Ernests. We had such great snow that day, that it reminded me of the day she was born. Taylor went sledding once or twice with Daddy and Levi's sister Michelle put on a fun hot dog lunch. 

Wow, looks like I ate too much!
Gma, Alisha and I.
Taylor sure has a friend in Gma. She's even showing teeth which rarely happens on camera!
Don't these two look so much alike? Even minus similar outfits, you can definitely tell they are related! This is Taylor's cousin Maddy!
When we got back to the house we let Taylor dig into a cupcake and ice cream! I think she was a little stage-fright having a dozen people or so watching her every move, but she did great! And even deserved a bath afterwards! We were also celebrating Eddie and Michelle's B-days so they got special treatment too! After opening gifts, Taylor was more than ready for a nice long nap!

Taylor with Auntie Michelle and Uncle Eddie, celebrating the December birthdays!(Taylor shares Eddie's birthday and Michelle's is a few days later.) 




Thanks for all the generous gifts everyone! You really spoiled our little girl! She has been loving all her new toys! Thanks for spending the day with us and making Taylor feel extra special!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Taylor's 1st Birthday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
You guys are picking up where we left off! Sam was born in '96, but then we had a baby every odd year from '97 to '05. Looks like it was a very fun day. Such a fun age!
Taylor is so cute. I've got a blog, but it is private. I'd love to invite you. Will you send me your e-mail address. Mine is tinypaws02@hotmail.com
I'd love to keep in touch. I miss seeing you at work. I hope that you are enjoying being a stay at home mom.
Hey Amy! Taylor is so dang cute! I can't decide who she looks more like. She's adorable though. How are you doing? I just wanted to ask if you could do me a favor...My daughter, Natalie, has a report due on the state of Alaska (and you, of course are the first person I thought of- then I thought of Sarah Palin- LOL). Anyway, email me @
melimae15@gmail.com if you have any info. to share about it. That would be super awesome! Thanks so much.
What a little cutie! I can't believe she is 1!
Happy Birthday, Taylor! She is so fun. I think the half birthday idea sounds cute.
Hey Ernest's! Your blog is so cute. I love Taylor's expressions, she seems so excited. And your house looks amazing! Keep in touch! The Gorgueiros
With a son born on Christmas Eve, I know how you feel! We usually do his party around the 2nd week of the month, just to try and make it a little more special. One year we had a 1/2 birthday party. I know people who do that every year for their son. I like the tree idea, that's cute. I'm sure you'll figure out a great tradition for her.
I like to point out to Austin that his bday is surrounded by Joseph Smith and Jesus's- so he's one special guy. I also tell him he's my favorite Christmas present I've ever received!
Post a Comment