Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our little hopper

So Taylor is nearly 14 months old! Wow, writing that just scared me because our 2nd little girl will be here in about 3 months. Yikes! Anyway, to get back on topic.....Taylor is almost 14 months and refuses to WALK! I know, I know....don't worry about it, we should be enjoying her crawling, etc etc. The thing is, she doesn't really crawl either. Well, she does crawl but 90% of the time she actually hops...on her knees. It's a hop/scoot because she gets around...and is pretty efficient with her mode of transportation. I don't know where she picked this up...she WAS always a big fan of the jumper and since she isn't in that much anymore, this must be her replacement. I guess in her mind she's thinking, "Who needs to walk when you can hop!" Thank goodness it's still long pants season because by the end of the day her little knees are bright red - sometimes they look like rug-burns! Isn't that awful?! But she still insists on being the little energizer bunny that she is! Have you ever seen anything quite like this?! (Don't worry, we have plenty of "hopping footage" on our video cam to show her when she's bigger).

19 comments:

rob said...

Maybe she's just trying to lose a few pounds... hoping has gotta burn more calories...

Winders said...

That is so funny! Apparently I had my own style of transportation as a child too! Mind involved laying on my back, arching so that only my heels and my head touched the ground and pushing with my feet. I'm told that I wore a nice bald spot for quite some time. Taylors hopping is cute! Zane didn't walk till he was about 15 months old either!

Bruce Jefferies said...

That is hilarious! Owen didn't walk until he was 14 months, but he never did anything as cool as hopping. I would be laughing too much to get anything done.

Rebecca and Nick said...

Ah! Sorry to creep you out. i just realized I was logged in as my dad, Bruce. He was visiting over the weekend and used my computer. He didn't leave that last comment, I did. And I am Rebecca.

Julie Hemmert said...

Mason didn't walk until 17 months. I was worried too. They say that late walkers learn faster!?! Now he is just barely 2 and knows most of his alphabet letters. Who knows?

Michelle Besendorfer said...

She's just a creative soul Amy :) What a sweetie...I hope you guys are enjoying the new house.
Michelle

Bethie said...

that is sooo cute!

Rob Dog said...

This is the best!! So funny! Maybe the hard wood floors will get to her sooner than later!! Can't believe the baby is due in 3 months!! So exciting! We miss you guys!!

Bethie said...

Amy-
I have watched that little video probably ten times it is so dang cute, it makes me smile everything I see it:)

Jer & Cort Smith said...

Happy Birthday Levi! Taylor's hopping is so funny. That is the most creative way of getting around that I have ever seen. I am excited to see your new place.

Tanya said...

She is so stinkin' cute. I can't get it over it. The hop is even better in person.

Heath said...

NO WAY!!! That needs to be sent into America's Funniest Videos! She is so so adorable, I can't even handle it! Just in time for Easter basket finding!

The Tews said...

That is so funny! What a goofy little girl--I love it. Soooo...we are just waiting to be invited over to the new house. :)
We miss you guys!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

OKay that is AWESOME!! My little niece did the same thing with little bit of a variation to it! Congrats on the little girl on the way!!!

Katie said...

I watched this a few times! So, so cute and funny :) It made me tired just watching it. :) She's sure changing a lot since the last time we saw you guys!!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Hey I went to www.NetCE.com/GCA08 (thats the website on the packet)..it cost 40 dollars and it took 15 min and I have all 30 credits..so check it out!!

Heath said...

I keep checking in on you to see what's new and I'm wondering if all is OK in the Ernest family? Hope you're doing well along with Taylor and baby girl #2.

Heath said...

I don't even know if you check your blog anymore but I have an invite that I sent to your email but it was sent back...I think I have your old hotmail account. Anyhow, look at my blog to see the Jewelry I'm going to have. It would be a perfect Mother's Day present for Levi to give you:)

Cate said...

Amy...your hopping Taylor is priceless. I don't know if I have ever seen anything like it. My little twin nephews are 14 months right now. One is walking and one is crawling. The walker will occasionally "walk" on his knees, but no hopping. Congrats on #2. We are all excited for you! Of course we miss you too!