Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Work day with Daddy!

Yesterday Taylor and I went to work with Daddy on a home he has been working on in West Jordan. It was so fun to work on this project together. This is how Taylor's day started....on the floor with her toys. Except now that she has figured out the rolling over thing she gets frustrated once she finds herself on her tummy for long (1-2 minutes) periods of time. So, we had to move onto something else.
Okay now Taylor is in her element. She loves being in this jumper. She has been known to be perfectly content jumping around for about 2 hours! So while she was having some good playtime, Levi and I were taping away prepping for paint. Of course it would at some point be lunchtime. So after nursing Taylor, she decided she was still hungry so we got out the bottle to feed. This was mom's inventive bottle propping...which worked great until Taylor would move her head. (Sorry about the pictures not turned the right way....some just won't cooperate...period.)And this is Daddy's bottle propping. Why didn't I think of using the trusty wall tape?! Many of you have seen Levi's baby inventions - some are probably best kept in our own photo library so that we don't get turned into DCFS :) Gotta give him props, he is one creative dad! And don't worry, it isn't very sticky so it came off without any harm. I think she is actually getting used to Daddy's bright ideas!
After a little while Taylor was back in the jumper rodeo-ing around until....she crashed! This big work day wore her right out! It was a fun day and I know we will have many more work days with Daddy ahead of us!

12 comments:

The Tews said...

You guys are hilarious- I'm thinking that Levi needs to work out the kinks with the tape bottle holder and put in on the market! You guys will definately be first on our list for babysitters some day! : )

Winders said...

I'll be honest, Levi's baby devices are making me just a little nervous but Taylor seems to be growing and developing just fine so I guess there is no harm done. I will give Levi the "Most Creative Dad" award though. Keep up the good work, Taylor is adorable!

Lindsay Bowen said...

Oh I love it! YOur hair is SO cute and so is Taylor. I can see Bowen coming up with some kind of duc tape to keep one of ours from crying! Did you know Phil is engaged? I didn't think the day would ever come!
Take care, I miss your face.
Linds

Kristen said...

I love that you let Levi put tape around your baby's head. She is so cute and I love her name. Plus you look amazing. Sometimes growing up isn't all that bad.

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Hey so its time we get together. I saw your blog off of angies!! She is adorable..almost didnt recognize you though with that short hair.. i like it!

Melissa said...

Hey Amy! It's me- Melissa King (aka: "Martin"). I love your blog! Taylor is so cute. I, too, just had a little one (that makes 4 for us-aaagghh!) Check out our blog and email me sometime: willandmeli.blogspot.com
and
melimae15@gmail.com

The Hall Family said...

Amy, I heard you quit. I am so sad. Secretly I wish that I could stay home with my baby too, but hubby has to go to school so someone has to pay the bills. Sorry I didn't tell you earlier, but I got the cute blog backdrop on pyzam.com. It's free, but I remember having to repost everything which was a pain. Maybe I'm just not as blog savy. I liked your slideshow and was trying to do one. How did you get it to work?

Foster Mom said...

I can't believe how big your babe is! You still need to come and use your present! Better make some time for yourself girl! It's fun to see your blog.

Annie Jane said...

Wow! Now THAT I have never seen! haha!

Katie said...

hey guys, we made our blog private and want to invite you to see it. Will you send me your email to soaksun@yahoo.com Thanks :)

Kate and Nate

Esther Story said...

oh Amy, she is so precious! love to you and your family. (perhaps you could use that tape technique at work, huh?) ha! Nathan is getting so big...we often think of you ! Love, the Story's

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and am staying up way too late to read it all. I am in SL so we should really together , I would love to see you and that adorable babe of yours (I am referring to Taylor) :)Lori (your cousin)