Saturday, November 29, 2008

Let's go play in the Cold!!

So, Levi and I had our 2nd anniversary back in July. Well for our combined gift, Levi surprises me by pulling out this file folder with the picture just below on it and he has written, "We are going to go play in the Cold!"

I'm a little baffled at this point, but I proceed to look through the information he has gathered about a 2 week trip on an icebreaker ship to Antarctica! I'm thinking, "What in the H is this all about?" Levi continues the excitement by telling me all about this trip we are going to take. And I'm thinking, "We have a little baby now, what was he thinking!" And then I'm thinking, "I know I worked in Alaska for 6 summers...did I tell him I wanted to do something like this?" Panic is starting to wash over me as I also think, "I know I kind of surprised him with a trip to Belize, but we had at least talked about it. And it wasn't over $10,000! And we didn't have a new baby!" Luckily, he quickly saw the fear on my face and told me it was a joke, that we were actually going to the Coldplay concert in November! Wahoo!! What relief and excitement! Anyway, we waited 4 months for this night and we were not disappointed. Last Saturday was the concert and it was a blast! At one point they came and played a song in the audience and we were about 20 feet from them. We found out on Thanksgiving that Levi's cousin was at the concert and was handed a guitar pick!! Unfortunately I left our camera in Taylor's diaper bag (she had her first sleepover at Grandma Ernest's house) so we don't have any picts of us but here are a few of the band. Hummmmm, I wonder what we'll do next anniversary!


0 comments: