Our little girl is here! What a gift to receive ON Mother's Day! I started leaking what I didn't realize to be amniotic fluid on Saturday. By Sunday it was starting to become a little more constant but I was feeling good and not having any painful contractions so I went to sacrament meeting. We made it through the meeting but Taylor was having a pretty grumpy day so instead of walking the halls for the next 2 hours I took her home to put her down for a nap. After I put her down I thought that I should at least call a nurse at the hospital and see what she said about the leakage. As she was telling me to come on in and have it checked out Levi walked in from church (he had to teach a 13 yr old sunday school class). I was glad he came home early so that I didn't have to go get him. Our sweet neighbors parent's came and stayed with Taylor (while she slept) so we could go to the hospital.
Long story short, we checked in at around 2 pm and our little peanut was born at 8:13pm on May 10th. She was 2 weeks early and weighed 6 lbs 5 oz and was 20 inches long. She looks nothing like Taylor but is her own adorable self! (We are thinking she looks more like me and my side of the family). Labor and delivery were much quicker than we expected! A couple of pushes and she was here! (I think I finally have her named but Levi is not here to give the ok so you'll have to wait!). Here are some pics for you to enjoy!
Our new little girl! Her first picture with mom and dad. She is one day old!
Here is Taylor and I before we went to church on Mother's Day. Little did we know that we were in for a big surprise that day! (Although Taylor looks like she may have known something, she looks a little concerned that her only child days are over!)
Just minutes old!
She found her thumb real quick! (Taylor is a thumb sucker too although she didn't find hers as quickly!) She is a great eater so far!
Wide awake after delivery!
Daddy checking my Ernest toes out!
Taylor meets her little sister! (She's thinking, "Hmmmm, how should I introduce myself?")
A few pokes in the eye never hurt.
"I think I like her....for now!"
This is Taylor's way of giving a kiss.
Thank you to everyone who helped Levi pack our bags and who helped with Taylor on Sunday. Taylor is being taken care of by grandma and grandpa which is a huge help! Thank you! We've enjoyed our visitors and we're excited to be at home tonight!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
My Mother's Day Surprise!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




18 comments:
Amy, holy cow!! Congratulations!! She definitely looks like a Martin if you as me :) I'm so happy for you guys! Let us know what you name her!!
Congrats! She is beautiful! Mason likes to pinch Mallory's nose and say "stinky, stinky." A few eye pokes are just as effective.
Yeah!! Congrats on your new baby girl!! She is as sweet as can be. Let us know what we can do to help! Love ya!
p.s. we still think she looks like a Morgan!!
that is amazing! What an unexpected mother's day gift, for sure! I am glad it went so well and quickly. I hope life adjusting with a baby for your whole family is just as easy. What a cute little baby!
Based on the titles of the pictures it looks like we've got ourselves a little Baby Molly...
...and women say men aren't observant. Pfft.
Congratulations! She is beautiful!!
Amy, that is so not fair. I was supposed to be due before you. I was hoping for mothers day, but it didn't happen. I am on the schedule to be induced on Thursday. Wish us luck. Your baby is beautiful.
Congratulations! I hope Taylor continues to give lots of her special kisses. You have two beautiful girls!
Congratulations! She is adorable! And on Mothers DAy none the less!!!
You guys...she is beautiful! Congratulations!! And what a fun gift for Mother's Day. And Amy, you look awesome too :) Glad it went well and you're all doing good.
Congratulations!
Congrats you two. She's beautiful. What an awesome Mother's Day gift. I was really suprised to see that she was here already. I'm so happy for you.
congratulations!!!!! she is beautiful:0)
Congratulations you guys! She is beautiful!!!
Welcome to little Molly!!! :) And you don't even look pregnant in the photo of you and Taylor on Mother's Day morning. What's up with that? Glad everything went well and we can't wait to meet little Molly. So...maybe you should plan a trip out here since I don't think our plans will be taking us westward this summer. :( Love you.
Congratulations Amy! You look great in your pictures! And Molly looks just like you! So sweet...
Cute photos! I can't believe how adorable and small you look in the picture before church... not at all like a woman about to give birth!
Taylor looks so cute with her baby sister. I hope that she adjusts quickly and is a good little helper for you.
Yay for the thumb suckers! Makes life so much easier :-) for Mom.
Hurray! We can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment