So this little rag blanket is what I used as my inspiration for the baby's room. Yes we are having a girl but I decided to pull away from the traditional pinks and purples and use turquoise, browns and cremes. Although I haven't added any decor to the room, I'm glad I finally have the crib all finished. 
I found this cute fabric that would help add a little girlier touch to the room and it also compliments the rag blanket perfectly! I met this super nice lady at the fabric store and after talking with her for a while she convinced me that I should let her help me make the dust ruffle and show me how to make a sheet out of the same material. (Kind of random and I don't go to strangers homes on a regular basis but I knew she was just a sweet grandma who loves to sew and wanted to share her talents.) Boy am I glad I had her help! What she did in an hour and a half would have taken me weeks! So here's the cute sheet. 
And here is how the ruffle looks. Super cute, huh! Can you believe I have 2 cribs? I bought a 2nd one on KSL because there is no way Taylor is ready for a toddler bed yet. 
I've been looking for a lamp for the babies room but didn't find anything I HAD to have, plus they are soooo overpriced don't ya think? So I took an old one that we haven't been using and recovered the shade with the same fabric. Then I just put ribbon on all the seams and around the top and bottom. The ribbon was kind of tricky to put on and it definitely doesn't look fabulous but it will serve its purpose! 
As an update on the new baby status: I am in my 37th week and feeling tired and actually kind of sick the last few days. My body is starting to make progess which gives me some hope that it may be soon but you just never know huh. At my Dr's visit this week I was a 2 and 70% and I can tell that the baby has definitely dropped. I just can't believe we are to this point - this pregnancy has flown by!
Although I'm feeling ready physically to have this baby, emotionally, I don't know that I'm there yet. But this emotion is mostly coming from the fact that I'm kind of sad to move forward with 2 kids because I have had sooo much fun with it being just Taylor and I all the time. She has turned a corner with her little personality and is pretty proud of the fact that she can walk! Hooray! She is so cute, so fun, and I just love her to death! I know everything will be great and that this new life will add so much to our family. We are so blessed to have this opportunity to be parents.
That's it for the baby update. It's very possible the next post you see will be about our new little one!
Friday, May 8, 2009
New Baby's Room
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Oh Amy! Your little girl's room is going to be so adorable! I love all of that fabric. I was happy to find your blog on Cort & Jer's. I love the picture of Levi and Ryan.
Super cute. I love it.
I remember those same feelings before I had Savannah -- kind of sad for Sam and wondering how things would change. Between you and me, I honestly think Sam is still mad at us for taking away his "only child" status, but things must have been okay since we ultimately ended up with 6, don't ya think? ha!
By the way, what color are the walls? Do you want brown vinyl for the new baby's board? Or beige? You'll have to paint the board you know... :)
Wow Miss Crafty!! Who knew!! The pics are adorable so I can't wait to see it in real life! Taylor is going to be a great big sister and you're going to be able to juggle your time for both girls amazingly because you can do anything...i've seen it through the years! Love ya!
So crafty! I love the things you made, and I like the colors:) Good luck with labor!
Wow, that is really cute! Keep us all updated :)
Thanks for your comment Amy! No, we aren't moving back to Cali yet, but hopefully next year. We want to sell now so we don't have to worry about that contingency in case we find a place down there. Anyway, yes, Oquirrh is at around 5400S and 4280W. Good luck with delivery, and let us know when we can all get together in the future. Thank goodness for blogs:)
Post a Comment